Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just Need to Hear the Heartbeat

It's been a week, and everything is going well. She had to work Saturday and I played 5 straight games of softball with no breaks. Losing the first game always sucks, just gotta keep winning after that. We missed some birthday parties because my games went late and I was tired. We both had Sunday off and went out to breakfast in Enumclaw at the Kettle (man that is some good food). She had her normal waffle with strawberries and lots of whipped cream, she can never finish it, so I try and help but the portions are so big you have to roll yourself out of there. Later in the day she went to hang out with her friends in Puyallup and I redid her garden and planted flowers for her. Not bad for me but it was actually relaxing out there in the sun.

Monday, I decided it was a little to nice to go into work, after being up half the night with her worrying if the baby was OK. She has got this thing now, if she feels good and is not sick, she thinks there is something wrong with the baby. I try and tell her that everything is alright but she doesn't want to hear it, she just wants to hear the baby's heartbeat. We enjoyed the sun outside
and relaxed on the porch together, also went out to eat with my parents at the Golden Steer Restaurant. Then we all headed over to this new store in Covington called "Kids to Kids". We were all amazed at the stuff this store had and the prices were very reasonable. She ended up getting to pairs of Maternity pants and she also found a Winnie-the-pooh sleeper for the baby. It is really cute, but we really can't buy anything until Monday when we find out the sex of the baby.

Tuesday, she is still worried about the baby in the morning when I am leaving for work and just wants to hear the heartbeat to see if he/she is OK. She asks me if it's OK to go and see the doctor to find out. I told her she can go when ever she wants if that makes her feel better. She actually started to cry at the doctors office because she hadn't heard it in awhile.This is why now we are looking into renting a heartbeat monitor, so she can hear the heartbeat when ever she wants. I don't know if this is normal in pregnant women but I believe it would be more in first time mothers. I just love the way she is so concerned about everything and I am just laying back and telling her it will all be OK. I was right again though, everything is good with the baby, and he/she has a strong heartbeat.

Today is 5 months from the due date and Monday we find out the sex, it's gonna be a rough next couple of days till we find out. Hopefully we get the heartbeat machine soon, or she might turn into a nutcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment